FRANCHISING WITH INTESOL WORLDWIDE
Globally Recognised, Trusted Provider of TESOL Training since 1993
Why TEFL Franchising?
TEFL/TESOL teaching and training is a massive global industry that continues to grow year upon year. Whether the global economy is booming or in recession the TEFL market remains strong. Quite simply, there is always a global demand to learn and teach English! This fact ensures a secure investment for anyone wanting to start a business in TESOL/TEFL training, with expansive opportunities for growth and development into a long and secure future.
When you invest in an INTESOL franchise you enjoy high rewards with low overheads, and benefit from the support of a highly trained team with almost 27 years of experience delivering TEFL courses in various formats; onsite, online and blended learning.
The expanding opportunities in the TEFL training industry have led to many new course providers entering the market over the last ten years. With this increase in competition it is important to get a head start by gaining the number one asset that is king in the TEFL business…. reputation. The instant recognition of being connected with a leading industry brand that has been in business for over 27 years is extremely valuable to you as a new start-up.
Unlike other TEFL course providers INTESOL Worldwide also offers a range of courses in English for Professional Purposes. As an INTESOL Franchisee you automatically have rights to distribute these courses and not just in your territory. There is no restriction on the sale of the PRO courses anywhere in the world so long as you follow the rules for royalties and certification.
Why Choose INTESOL?
As an INTESOL franchise you will hit the ground running. We provide you with everything you need to get started, including:
- Course details and mark schemes for the 2 most popular TEFL/TESOL courses at different lengths and levels
- Training in the grading and assessment of the higher course (Level 5) – not necessary for the lower level
- Access to all the other INTESOL Certificate courses by request
- Permission to sell the INTESOL Diploma course on a commission basis
- Access, for your successful trainees, to positions on our Jobs Board and an introduction for our franchisees to our experienced partners who run a successful, award-winning placement company.
As an INTESOL franchisee you will benefit from the strength of our reputation as a quality provider of TEFL/TESOL and ESP courses, rather than having to spend years building your own brand and recognition, which is increasingly challenging and time consuming in this booming, yet competitive market. We’ve already put in the hard work for you!
We believe there is strength in cooperation and collaboration and we are committed to continuing a business model for the greatest good of all involved, including our valued and respected students. This is why we are careful to select franchisees that are committed to outstanding student care and quality training provision and delivery.
Before we continue with the benefits of becoming a valued INTESOL Franchise Centre, here is a little history about INTESOL Worldwide Ltd.
INTESOL was founded in the UK in 1993 in the belief that TEFL tuition should be available to all, regardless of age, race, gender, work and family commitments. We believed that anyone with the ability to communicate clearly in English should be given the opportunity and encouragement to gain a professional qualification in TEFL.
In the beginning INTESOL ran weekend introductory TEFL courses. Research found that 80% of the participants then wanted to take a TEFL course that would qualify them to teach ESOL/EFL, but most could not give up four weeks of their time to attend an intensive TEFL course. In response to this, Lynda Hazelwood began to develop teaching materials that could be used for distance learning. The Online Certificate in TESOL was born!
Today, INTESOL is a truly global training organisation with new branches opening every year throughout the world, running both in-class and online TESOL/TEFL courses. INTESOL graduates are working in all corners of the globe, from Spain to Singapore, from Korea to Columbia.
In 2014, as part of a huge expansion initiative, INTESOL Worldwide launched INTESOL English Pro, a suite of English language courses leading to accredited certification in English for Professional Purposes, developed for elementary to advanced learners of English to gain knowledge and recognition in use of English relative to a specific industry. Certificates are accredited by ALAP, a UK based awarding organisation.
New INTESOL English Pro courses are being developed regularly to serve the needs of the international market, with courses available in subjects including: English for Business Communication, English for Sales & Marketing, English for Customer Service, English for Executives, English for Hospitality and English for Academic Purposes. As an INTESOL Franchisee you enjoy rights to offer these courses throughout the world.
The overall mission of INTESOL is to help people from a broad range of backgrounds achieve a varied and fulfilling lifestyle through the acquisition and/or teaching of English. Our aim is to be responsible for training confident and well-resourced professionals. Through continued research and development, INTESOL seeks to be the world leader in quality English language training and teaching.
Benefits of Becoming an INTESOL Franchise
- 27 years of brand building and recognition as a quality training provider internationally. We are not a fly by night organisation that has been set up to make money by selling franchises for large upfront fees with little concern whether the business is ultimately successful.
- Certificates awarded through ALAP, a UK based specialist awarding organisation.
- The privilege of being a validated INTESOL centre operating externally approved TEFL and ESP courses. As the industry has become more competitive, valid recognition by an external awarding body has become an important consideration for potential students when choosing a course. They, of course, want to ensure they are choosing a course that meets international quality standards. You will find many new ELT schools will find this a barrier to the market, and also find it difficult as a new business to gain recognition without a certain amount of trading experience. Therefore some schools have been known to try and fool potential students into believing they are accredited with clever wording, or by becoming members of TEFL associations that do not actually accredit courses. As an INTESOL franchisee you are buying into a validated brand that employers, potential employers and schools can verify on the ALAP website.
- ALAP (Awarding Language Acquisition for Professionals) accredits INTESOL courses. The ALAP Accreditation Board consists of 6 esteemed professionals from the world of TESOL and at INTESOL we believe that a team of TEFL/TESOL specialists far outweighs the importance of the size of the awarding body. INTESOL is honoured that Dr Paul Rogers B.Ed, M.Sc, Ph.D, FCoT, FIFL, FInstLM, FRSA wrote:
“The world of education is often marred by questionable certification of academic courses. In order to differentiate between genuine, professional qualifications and those that are produced for commercial gain, it is essential that education companies provide accredited certification. Accreditation is the recognition by an external body that a course and/or training provider has met a certain set of standards and best practice. I am delighted to be associated with INTESOL as the company is an outstanding example of this best practice.”
We are delighted to announce that since writing this Dr Paul Rogers has been honoured with Fellowship of the Royal Society of Arts and is now listed amongst other distinguished Fellows including Stephen Hawking, Benjamin Franklin and Tim Berners-Lee!
A Ready Made Sales Force
As an INTESOL franchisee your company name and logo will appear on this website so the world can see that you are a member of the INTESOL Worldwide group of course providers.
Franchising Options with INTESOL – Business Models
There are 2 options for franchising in terms of :-
- language schools wanting to expand into TEFL/TESOL
- start-up companies
There are also options depending on the size of the territory. The first is as a Master Franchise and the second is as a Unit Franchise.
As a Master Franchisee you can:
- recruit sub-franchises in cities throughout your territory, receiving 50% of the sub-franchise fee and 50% of all royalties from your sub-franchises.
- distribute INTESOL products through direct channels in your territory. (e.g. sell the ESP courses and TESOL courses online in your territory; sell ESP courses to corporate clients etc.)
- license INTESOL course products to other language and business training schools throughout your territory and receive 50% of royalties.
As a Unit Franchise you have the right to deliver INTESOL courses in your school or language institute.
You may choose to run all or some of the following course formats:
4 week TESOL 100% in-class
Online within your territory.
Blended/Flexible TESOL 50% studied online, 50% studied in-class.
All INTESOL English Pro Courses
As is the case for some of our other franchises, you can also run course formats that cover weekends or evenings, whatever works best for your target market. Of course, different formats may be beneficial for different market segments, enabling you to maximise opportunities.
To register interest please email us and include your location and reason for interest. You will then receive a Franchising with INTESOL Worldwide brochure.
We require all INTESOL Franchisees to fulfil the following
- If conducting an in-class course, you must have equipped premises/classroom available with everything you need to run your INTESOL course.
- If conducting courses online, you must have an online platform where students can see their progress and where trainers can conduct the training efficiently and contact students easily. (See below for information regarding the implementation of an online platform.)
- You must provide all necessary services to students in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that all Instructors teaching the TESOL course are holders of an accredited Diploma in TESOL or above (MA TESOL). We can provide Diploma training at a significantly reduced cost if required and this can be studied concurrently with teaching the 120/140 hour course. Teachers of INTESOL English PRO courses should be qualified to TEFL/TESOL certificate level.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the INTESOL Worldwide Group.
To discuss this opportunity further please contact Lynda Hazelwood at firstname.lastname@example.org She is looking forward to hearing from you.
INTESOL Worldwide Ltd.
27 Chestnut Close
Registered Number: 05697958
Selection of INTESOL Staff
Lynda Hazelwood has been teaching languages since 1971. Since then she has taught in England and overseas, in both the public and private sectors, in primary, senior and adult education. She also has experience of English for Academic Purposes and materials writing at university level. Lynda has been employed by the British Council for whom she taught all levels including Cambridge exam classes and English for Specific Purposes. She has been an examiner for the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate and for the Pan-Hellenic Association of Language School Owners in Greece. Lynda founded INTESOL in 1993 in Bristol, England. A variety of courses and services were provided including one-to-one language tuition; adult language classes; French clubs for 5 – 11 year olds; English home stays for foreign learners and weekend introductory courses in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. The most successful of these became the weekend introductory courses in TESOL. 80% of the participants wanted to take a course, which would qualify them to teach ESOL, but most could not give up four weeks of their time to study. Lynda decided to develop course materials for home study which soon developed into the world renowned INTESOL Certificate in TESOL by distance learning. A short time later the course achieved accreditation and is now one of the most respected courses worldwide.
David Buckle has been working for INTESOL since 2001 and looks after the technical aspects of the business. He has a BSc in Computing and Technology, and a good knowledge of both computer hardware and software systems. David’s duties cover general IT matters including website updates, maintenance of computing equipment and general administration tasks. He also assists in the production, printing, and sending out of prospectuses, information packs and course materials.
Alex has been working for INTESOL since 2011. He got his Bachelors degree in TEFL in 1995 and has been teaching English ever since. His students have been adults and children in Russia, where he has worked in high schools and a language centre, and also as a private tutor. In addition to that, he has substantial experience teaching students across the world via the internet. Alex’s specializations include exam skills training, teaching advanced level learners and teaching academic writing. He was an official examiner for the Russian Department of Education, administering the National Exam in English. He has recently gained an MA TESOL from the University of Manchester.
Vincent has been working for INTESOL Worldwide since 2003. He holds an MA in Education and English Language Teaching and a Diploma in TESOL. Of American and Spanish descent, Vincent has had a long career in TEFL / TESOL. He has had a number of teaching and managerial positions over the years: from teaching young learners to Director of Studies on EFL Summer Camps to Course Director and Academic Consultant on a number of TEFL training courses. Vincent is the author of a number of articles on various aspects of TEFL and has been a guest speaker in international conferences and symposiums. Currently he is utterly committed to training English Language teachers and his main motivation is, in his own words, to ‘better our courses constantly so that our teachers not only satisfy the demands of the market but actually make a difference when they teach’.
Mihaela has been working for INTESOL Worldwide since 2003. She has run many pre-service and in-service training courses both face-to-face and distance courses in Romania and Greece; and delivered workshops at many international conferences. She has worked for a number of British Council projects on developing teacher training and training of trainers programmes. Mihaela has developed and coordinated onsite and distance training courses and has trained teachers for over thirteen years. She is the co-author of the In-service Distance Training Course for Teachers of English, British Council. She holds a Licentiate Diploma in English Language and Literature and French Language and Literature and an MA in Teaching at the School for International Training, Vermont, USA. Being a non-native speaker of English, she has experience of being a learner of English that is invaluable for developing the native speakers’ awareness of teaching their own language.
Lidia Egorova, joined the international education services industry and has been working in the field of education for over 8 years. She has a degree from the Far Eastern Federal University in Russia and has been living in China for 1½ years. She studied at Cambridge University. She is a very energetic, easy-going, communicative person. Lidia likes travelling to foreign countries, reading and learning different cultures.
Hogara joined the education services industry after he had worked for advertising agencies for 19 years, mainly in the field of global business.He has a bachelors degree from Sophia university, Tokyo. He likes travelling to foreign countries and singing songs in karaoke.
INTESOL Worldwide is registered under the UKRLP (UK Register of Learning Providers), Number 10012948.
Registration on the UKRLP means that we have been verified against a recognised legal source.