3 to 12 Month Teaching Placement. Start February or July – JUST £365
At a glance
12 day welcome program and orientation (including full board accommodation) + airport pick up in Buenos Aires + monthly stipend $1200 Argentine pesos + transfer from Mercedes to placement + home-stay accommodation + 3 meals daily provided + 4 hours weekly one-on-one Spanish classes + Certification upon completion of program + FREE Lonely Planet E-guide. Arrive February or July 2016
TEFL Internship in Argentina includes:
- 3 or 12 month teaching placement at a local school, participation in English Immersion Camps and weekly English tutorials for up to 3 hours with your host family
- A monthly stipend of $1200 Argentine pesos
- Airport transfer upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 12 day orientation & welcome. Your chance to:
- Participate in a FREE intensive 2 day TEFL workshop
- Learn how to get by in Argentine Spanish plus cultural activities
- Relax and check out the sights with your fellow teachers!
- Free transfer to host town / city
- Home-stay accommodation with an Argentine host family
- Three meals provided daily
- 4 hours of one-to-one Spanish lessons weekly
- Transportation and full board accommodation during English
- Immersion Camps
- Certification upon completion of program
- Monthly follow up contact through local office
- 24/7 emergency support
- FREE Latest Edition Lonely Planet E-guide
- FREE teacher blog to share your experiences
- Go further! More TEFL job assistance after your Argentine adventure!
How does Teach Argentina work?
- Take part in a full orientation along with many other native English speakers
- Start your adventure and gain heaps of actual classroom based teaching practice through this TEFL internship in Argentina
Teach Argentina dates
There are two intakes per year for teaching English in Argentina with arrival groups in February and July.
- 23rd February 2016
- 29th July 2016
Applications are accepted up to 3 months prior to the program start date
- Bachelor’s degree in any major
- Native English speaker
- 18 – 40 years old
- Cultural sensitivity
- Community minded
- International Insurance (required by schools) – please note, we can provide assistance in obtaining the International Insurance for Argentina
About the online TEFL course
Get ready for your Argentina teaching placement with a comprehensive online TEFL course
- 120 hour on-line TEFL qualification
- This is an internationally recognized TEFL qualification
- Provides comprehensive introduction to EFL methods
- The right preparation for life in the classroom for those with little or no teaching experience
- Gain a deeper understanding of advanced teaching techniques
- Get the qualification without leaving your home
- Receive expert guidance and ongoing support from experienced, well-qualified tutors
- Gain access to the best jobs with this internationally recognized qualification
- Get an instant edge over other candidates by becoming TEFL certified
- Work at your own pace without time restrictions!
Please note final decision on placement is made by schools and so you must ultimately be flexible about your location.
Some placements are also available in Chile. For placement in Chile, you will be asked to agree before confirmation.
Why this program?
- Fantastic cultural immersion opportunity with home-stay accommodation pre-arranged
- Learn Spanish
- Free 2 day TEFL workshop on arrival
- All accommodation and board provided
- Share your culture with enthusiastic Argentine students
- Experience the real Argentina with many placements being in smaller towns and cities throughout the country
- TEFL certification
Argentina is a twirling tango of chic city living and rugged natural beauty. For the urbanite there is a chattering café culture, deference to food and fashion and all-consuming passion for futbal! For the nature lover, Argentina is Patagonia, with its pristine glaciers, and the Andes, where snow-swept mountains form the backbone of the country. This is the gateway to Antarctica, the birthplace of Maradona, and the home of the Gaucho, Argentina is calling!
About teaching in Argentina
The Teach & Learn Argentina program offers participants the amazing opportunity to gain TEFL teaching experience, enjoy Argentina’s elegant culture and improve Spanish speaking skills! Placements are located throughout the country with one of the program highlights being that many of the placements are in smaller Argentine towns and cities which are off the beaten tourist trail. The home-stay experience truly allows participants to experience authentic local life!
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people who can commit themselves to teaching in Argentina. As a teacher you will have full classroom responsibilities including creating lesson plans, student assessment, and curriculum development. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved something special, to gain a real insight into Argentina’s unique culture, and to influence the lives and community of Argentines young and old. Experience is a plus but not essential! Sound interesting? Then why not apply now!
Scheme A: 80 hours a month / 20 hours a week + one camp a month. Scheme B: 60 hours a month / 15 hours a week + up to three camps a month. Scheme C: 40 hours a month / 10 hours a week + up to fours camps a month.
Teachers working under scheme A will do mostly Monday through Friday, during the mornings/afternoons or two shifts along the day (when working in small towns or language institutes). For scheme B, it could be 4 or 5 days a week, between Monday and Friday. For scheme C, there are usually more days off school, but teachers participate much more frequently in camps.
The camps usually last three days, between Monday and Wednesday, Wednesday and Friday or Friday and Sundays. Teachers who work as counsellors in a camp during the weekend don’t usually have to work the following weekend.
Teach English in Argentina! Join this fantastic cultural immersion opportunity including home-stay accommodation with local host family, meals, monthly stipend, Spanish lessons, orientation in Mercedes, 1 week Spanish Immersion Camp and 3 to 12 month teaching placement.
Select Argentina below!