Discover fabulous India as part of an all-inclusive TEFL internship that is perfect for first time teachers! JUST £625
- Teach and Learn India
- Spend 4 amazing months teaching English in India
- Learn Hindi (2 hours weekly)
- Rs. 7,500 – 10,000 monthly living allowance
- Accommodation & meals
- Teach 5 classes daily (45 minutes per class)
- All positions are with local public and private schools
- Arrive between June & October
- 2 day beach holiday on arrival in Kovalam
- Local teacher salary in India is Rs.7500-12000 and so you would be earning a regular teacher salary in India
How does the teaching in India TEFL Internship work?
- Teach conversation and practical English to young Indian learners with further opportunities for project work
- Gain heaps of international experience in one of the world’s fastest growing economies
- Learn about Indian language, culture & way of life!
About the Teach & Learn India program
Teach English in India from Primary to 12th Grade (3-18 age group)
- Couples and friends are welcome to apply
- Assist students to become more confident in using spoken English
- All placements are with schools in Mumbai, Punjab or Tamil Nadu provinces
- Interns will work with local students teaching English as a Foreign Language
- 5 sessions of 45 minutes per day
- Get 2 hours of Hindi language lessons per week (at Interns’ request, additional local State languages such as Hindu, Punjab, Tamil and Malayalam can be added)
- Low living costs meaning you can get by on your monthly allowance with accommodation and food also provided
Teach in India dates
- Flexible start dates anytime between June and October
- Four month placement
- January 29th
Option A – Teach in Punjab
- Punjab means the land of five rivers
- Check out the legendary Golden Temple, a sanctuary of spirituality with healing waters which attract travellers from all corners of India
- Visit Nek Chand Rock Garden complete with its amazing collection of 2000 rock sculptures crafted by a local transport officer!
- Watch the rural Olympics at Kila Raipur
- Interact with the locals who will invite you into their homes and host you like a long lost family member!
Interns who want the Punjab option will receive a free one-way onward flight from Trivandrum to Delhi and then coach or rail ticket from Delhi to Barnala.
Option B – Teach in Tamil Nadu
About Tamil Nadu
- Save on the washing up and eat a meal from a banana leaf
- Visit the Great Living Chola temples which date back to the 10th Century
- Watch a Rajanikanth movie and celebrate a local cult hero!
- Drink strong coffee in a Tamil style cup locally known as davarah
- Meet tribal villagers in the Nilgiris and learn about centuries old customs
Option C – Teach in Mumbai
- Sample the relentless energy of India’s financial powerhouse
- Visit nearby Elephanta Island with its ancient cave temples dedicated to Shiva
- Take a tour of Fort and Colaba, Mumbai’s most famous precincts, including the Gateway of India, Taj Mahal hotel and Crawford Market
- Explore Mumbai’s myriad of tangled bazaars including the famous Lalbagh Spice Market
- Check out Sassoon Docks fish market, a hardy place where locals haul their catch each dawn!
11 reasons why this TEFL internship in India is for you!
- Airport pick up / drop off
- 2 day beach holiday upon arrival in Kovalam
- Accommodation & meals provided
- Monthly living allowance of Rs. 7,500 – Rs.10,000
- 24/7 support from local team in India
- Program run in conjunction with established, reputable Indian schools
- Visa document processing**
- FREE Latest Edition Lonely Planet E-guide to India
- FREE teacher blog to share your experiences
- Go further! More TEFL job assistance after your India teaching adventure!
- Perfect program for first time teachers looking to try out teaching English abroad
** Please note that actual visa cost is not included
- No degree necessary
- Fluent English speaker
- 100 + hour TEFL certificate
- Cultural sensitivity
Why apply to teach in India through INTESOL?
- Experts at arranging internship placements
- Full in country support
- Our staff have taught English abroad and are passionate about helping others teach in this amazing county!
- Great program for first time teachers and those who would like the security of having everything arranged for them including airport pick up
Quick Facts About India
- 22.65 million – current population of Delhi making it the world’s second largest city
- 1,100 – number of movies produced by the Indian film industry every year
- 10 – number of hours of yoga performed on horseback to break world record
- 40 – percent of world’s mangos produced in India
- 1.2 billion people – make India the world’s largest democracy
- 100 million – attendees of Kumbh Mela Festival making it the world’s largest gathering of humans!
- India has more mobile phones than toilets
- 6 hours – length of time average Indian worker must work in order to buy a Big Mac
- India has a higher population than the entire Western hemisphere put together!
Join Teach & Learn India, and discover glorious Mumbai, Punjab or Tamil Nadu! Includes 4 month placement with orientation on arrival, all accommodation, monthly living allowance of between Rs. 7,500 – Rs. 10,000, meals, learn Hindi, local in country support.
Select India below!