Teaching English in Japan at a glance – Arrive to Tokyo, take part in a full week long orientation and teach English in Japan to small groups of children, teenagers, parents, young professionals and business people who study at these community orientated schools. Arrival dates available every month.
- JPY 252,800 monthly salary (approx. £1,400 monthly) with increments for higher qualifications
- Bonus system
- Airport pick up
- 1 week orientation in Tokyo
- TEYL training provided with ongoing teacher development
- Teach 29.5 hours per week
- 5 day week
- Reimbursed work commuting costs
- Accommodation support with loan for company accommodation where required
- 6 weeks annual paid leave (including 5 extra days after 6 months)
- Welfare support team in Japan
- Access to Japanese Health Insurance Scheme
- Latest Edition Lonely Planet E Guide to Japan
- Visa sponsorship
- 12 month contract (renewable)
Start: Now recruiting for January, February & March starts
Finish: 12 month contract as from above start date options
For January start – 15th October
For February start – 15th December
For March start – 15th January
Due to visa processing time, early application is recommended.
Successful applicants will be shortlisted and contacted by email to arrange an interview.
Requirements to teach in Japan
- Bachelors degree
- Nationality of UK, Ireland or Commonwealth applicants (due to visa requirements)
- 190 Hour Certificate in TESOL
- No experience necessary
- No Japanese language skills required
Locations for teaching jobs in Japan
Primarily in and around Tokyo including: Shinjuki, Shibuya, Ebisu, Ginza, Nishi, Higashi, Saitama and Yokohama.
Also some schools in Nagoya, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto & Kyushu.
About teaching in Japan
- You will be teaching English in Japan at professional and friendly schools that are very much a part of the communities they serve
- The teaching day starts around noon and finishes at 8 or 9 PM
- Teachers are usually given a regular schedule of five working days per week
- Students are varied with 50% adults and 50% children
- Standard group lessons are 50 minutes with one-to-one lessons 40 minutes
- Full curriculum is provided including course books, supplementary materials and schedules
- Average class size is 3 students
- Many adult classes are one-to-one
- 6 weeks of annual leave including 10 days at Christmas / New Year with breaks in Spring and Summer and most national holidays
You will teach around 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Almost 50% of participants on this program opt to extend their placement!
Japan has long been a popular destination for those looking to teach English abroad. The country offers a sophisticated way of life based on elegant manners and a culture of formality. The Japanese take immense pride in introducing foreigners to their country. From late night noodles in Tokyo’s fluorescent malls to the tranquillity of ancient Buddhist temples perched high in the mountains, this is an unforgettable land with much to be discovered!
Why apply to teach English in Japan through INTESOL?
- Free recruitment service
- Dedicated job placement team
- We will work with you directly through the application and visa process
- Lots of teacher testimonials!
Teaching jobs in Japan now available throughout the greater Tokyo area and Nagoya, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, Kyushu. Experience life in one of Asia’s most fast paced destinations! Benefits include JPY 252,000 (approx. £1,400 monthly) with bonus system, accommodation support, full training including TEYL course, 6 weeks annual paid leave, teach small classes 1 – 6 students
Select Japan below!