Teach in China with EPS (English Program Sichuan), a Government School Teaching Program under the Ministry of Education for China
As a result, teachers can expect a secure teaching placement with high levels of support from local program coordinators in Sichuan.
Teaching in China on the EPS Program offers an exciting insight into public school teaching in one of China’s most beautiful and dramatic regions.
We are now hiring English Second Language teachers for the EPS Program with arrival dates in China of March or September.
Participants will teach English as a Second Language to local students and assist in teacher and curriculum development in a public-sector kindergarten, primary, secondary, high school, college or university as part of a government drive to raise English levels across the region.
- RMB 5,000 – RMB 5,500 monthly salary *
- Government sponsored program
- Airport pick up
- Full one week orientation upon arrival
- Accommodation provided
- Air-ticket reimbursement RMB 8,000 / year
- Approximately 3 months of paid vacation per year (winter vacation is one month & summer vacation is around two months)
- All public holidays
- Ongoing professional training & development (monthly training courses provided)
- 24/7 support team to assist you in China
- Latest Edition Lonely Planet E Guide to China
- Z visa sponsorship
- Certificate upon program completion
- 12 month contract
*Average local salary in Sichuan province is RMB 1,200 and so RMB 5,000 – RMB 5,500 is enough for a very comfortable lifestyle and it is easily possible to save money on this salary.
- Start: early March
- Finish: 12 month contract as from above start date options
- For March start – January 20th
Successful applicants will be shortlisted and contacted by email to arrange a Skype interview.
Applicants should be fluent English speakers and have as follows:
- Bachelors degree in any subject
- Nationality of UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (due to visa requirements)
- 120 Hour TEFL Certificate (candidates can still apply with this qualification pending)
Locations for teaching in China with EPS
Throughout Sichuan province at public sector schools from kindergarten up to college & university level including locations:
Chengdu, Guangyuan, Nanchong, Bazhong, Dazhou, Ya’an, Deyang, Suining, Guang’an, Meishan, Ziyang, Leshan, Neijiang, Zigong, Yibin & many more!
Requests about preferred student age range can usually be accommodated.
About this program
The wider aim of the program is to promote English education in Sichuan province, develop cultural understanding and better prepare young learners in south west China for academic and social advancement through English education.
This feels like undiscovered China, a place you can you join Tibetans as they pay homage to the holy nature reserve of Yading, reflect in moody temples that guard the jagged mountain peaks and get up close and personal with some of China’s most famous and fluffy residents, at the Giant Panda ecology park in Chengdu!
Beyond Sichuan’s sophisticated capital city of Chengdu, the black tile roofs and narrow streets of Langzhong offer a fascinating glimpse into fast disappearing old China. You can get further off the beaten track in spectacular Ganzi, gateway to Tibet, and busy market town set amongst a dramatic background of snowswept mountains.
Wherever you are in Sichuan, try the local hotpot – a fiery affair with seasoned meat, lots of fresh vegetables and some seriously spicy chillis!
The Sichuanese are famed for their hospitality… Expect rock-star reverence wherever you go!
Why English Program Sichuan?
- Enjoy an unrivalled level of in-country support from experienced staff
- Learn the latest TEFL teaching methodologies with expert monthly training sessions held in Chengdu
- No teaching experience is necessary to join this program
- Government school teaching program with good working conditions and lots of career professional development
- 3 months of paid vacation allowing plenty of time to explore China!
- 100s of teachers placed in China every year
- We will not take any of your salary
- Over 8 years of recruitment experience for international TEFL jobs
- We will work with you directly through the application and visa processs
- Dedicated support staff comprising of former TEFL teachers
Teach children, teenagers or adults at government schools throughout Colombia. Full two week orientation in Bogota with free accommodation, airport pickup, domestic flight from Bogota to placement location, monthly stipend of 1.5 Million Colombian Pesos and Colombian national health insurance. Start January, March or June 2016.
Select Colombia below!